- Multi-Messengers with GW - Sarah Antier
- Fundamental Physics with GW - Chris Van Den Broeck
First MaNiTou Summer School on Gravitational Waves - Thursday AM [July 7, 2022]
Once the video is playing, you can use the "chapitres" icon to go directly to the video section of interest
MaNiTou summer school
The school is collaboratively organized by scientific communities involved in Gravitational Waves, from 3 French locations in Southern France, namely Marseille, Nice and Toulouse, thus the MaNiTou name for the school.
The school will take place in Marseille this year, on the Luminy Campus of Aix Marseille Université, in the beautiful Calanques National Park (see here). It will be held in English.
Goals of the school
The school will cover the emerging field of gravitational wave detection and of its scientific exploitation. Following their discovery by the LIGO/Virgo consortia, many other gravitational wave detections are expected at the existing and future gravitational antennas. They will open up a new window of exploration, sometimes unique and sometimes complementary to what other messengers such as electromagnetic radiation (radio, IR, visible, UV, X-rays, gamma rays) and neutrinos can reveal of the physics at work in our Universe. The objective of the school is to provide the students with a solid introduction to most aspects of this interdisciplinary field in accelerated expansion :-)
The school is open in priority to Master and PhD students, and also to young or not so young scientists who would like to get better acquainted with Gravitational Waves.
For attendees to fully benefit from the school programme, it is highly recommended that they have had at least an introductory exposure to General Relativity before. We also strongly suggest that prior to attending the school, the participants read some of the references that can be found here.
GR and GW Theorie (6h) - Simone Speziale (CPT)
Panorama of possible GW sources (1h) - Chris van den Broeck (Utrecht)
GW Data Analysis (3h) - Frédérique Marion (LAPP)
GW Instruments (3h)
- On Earth (LIGO/Virgo, ET) - Jérôme Degallaix (IP2I Lyon)
- In Space (LISA) - Hubert Halloin (APC)
Hands on data (4h) - Simone Mastrogiovanni (OCA)
GW to study the Universe
- Astrophysics (1h30) - Astrid Lamberts (OCA)
- Cosmology (1h30) - Simone Mastrogiovanni (OCA)
- Fondamental Physics (1h30) - Chris van den Broeck (Utrecht)
- Multi-Messager Astronomy (1h30) - Sarah Antier (OCA)
- Latest news from LIGO/Virgo (1h) - TBD
- GW and Nuclear Physics (1h) - Jérôme Margueron (IP2I Lyon)
- Pulsar Timing Arrays (PTA) (1h) - Gilles Theureau (LPC2E - Orléans)
- 3-body systems and exoplanets with LISA (1h) - Nicola Tamanini (L2IT)
Marie-Anne BIZOUARD (OCA/ARTEMIS)
Oualid CHAIBI (OCA/ARTEMIS)
Nelson CHRISTENSEN (OCA/ARTEMIS)
Sebastien GUILLOT (IRAP)
Eric KAJFASZ (CPPM/IPhU)
Christian MARINONI (CPT/IPhU)
Sylvain MARSAT (L2IT)
Angélique PEPE (CPPM/IPhU)
Alejandro PEREZ (CPT/IPhU)
Delphine PORQUET (LAM/IPhU)
Nicola TAMANINI (L2IT)
Updated on:July 7, 2022, 3:09 p.m.
Number of views:13